Trying to find a perfect ottoman for my space was a challenge. I need it to be black and white and still gives me the french provincial look. It also need to be tufted to match my chesterfield and the right size. After looking for a while I gave up and decided to turn a coffee table into a bench/ottoman, so that it will gives me extra sitting options when I have friends over.
I was inexperience when I made my first ottoman. I attempted creating the folds by hand with vinyl. Overtime, the fold disappear; now I wish I had sew the vinyl together before I start. Oh well, live and learn.
Just mean I have to redo it one day.
The whole process didn't take that long as it was quite small.
Steps:
1. Cut the oval into rectangle
2. Mark the pattern. I only did it on the board which was a bad idea. Should always sew the fabric for more professional look unless the fabric easy to maneuver.
3. Attach foam and batting on the board.
4. Drill the holes.
5. Make fabric button. I did those by hand; Not easy when you work with vinyl.
6. Start staple one side first and fold ( Again, I wish I had document it better; for sure I will do it on my next proj)
7. Pull through the fabric button and staple to hold.
8. Attached to the painted leg.
How it looks before:

No comments:
Post a Comment