I have been eyeing those mirrored bedside table but just couldn't find anything I like for less than $300. Try searching a way to make my own, but it just doesn't have the details I want. I only like the ones with beveled edge; home made one just wasn't good enough. So I found an alternative, silver leaf bedside table.
We found this bedside table for free on craiglist. Of course..
Steps:
1. Clean all the surface and sand if necessary
2. We had to fix this baby with additional nails and hard glue as it was wobbly.
3. Apply silver leaf adhesive with a brush one section at a time. (You can find that at Michael's)
4. Apply silver leaf. It doesn't have to be perfectly flat when you apply. Its very easy to work with but messy. I ended up using aluminum leaf to save on cost.
5.Check for missing spot and re-apply
6. Apply Varnish coat for protection and shine ( I did three layers on mine)
The process actually takes a 2-3 hours as those silver leaf sheets are quite easy to break. I actually painted my dresser silver before I start so that I won't look too obvious if I miss a spot. However, that's not necessary.
I also found some crystal knobs from the local consignment stores for the dresser. Hope you like how it turn out. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment