Thursday, 11 August 2011
Project eight - headboard
After knowing how hard it is to make button and tufted project, I still want the buttoned headboard. We ended up buying some canvas fabric from fabric for around $7 per meter. It used about 2 meter for a queen size bed frame. Hard part about this is the sewing. I am not the best at drawing pattern; it always seems some part is not right. However, I am definitely improving and hopefully one day I could be a professional.
Steps:
1. Find the fabric of your choice
2. Cut the wood to the size you need. We ended up attaching two board using metal plates so that we don't need to buy new MDF which cost about $30 per piece. Sam took apart his old desk so that I can use the wood for the headboard
3. Draw the pattern both on the wood and the fabric
4. Sew the lines. ( I wished I took picture of this process)
5. Drill the whole on the board. There is room for error, you can simply fold to hide imperfection. Just don't make it too small so you can't even fold.
6. Make fabric button - I bought the button from Fabricanna. They have the one with teeth. Seems that it was the only that kind of works without a professional button machine.
7. Attach the button and staple.
8. Staple the side
Complete
It actually took me a few try to sew it right. Left is the picture of the sewing job before stapling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment