Thursday, 11 August 2011

Project Two - Wingback chair

I love the look of a wingback chair.  It fits perfectly in antique/modern design. 
Of course I like things matching since I have such a small space ( only 600 sq feet).  It will just looks odd if it doesn't have the matching design.

I found this fabric Waverly Onyx from Joann.  This is one of the few damask print I like; only wish that  it comes in pure white.

We found a very sturdy wingback and foot rest from free on Craiglist.  It was in a Ok condition with fabric slight worn.  Once we took apart the cover, the inside looks very clean.

After reading the upholstery book and browing on a few DIY blog.  We started on our project.   The first one always took longer.  Can't remember how long it acturally takes as we were working on a few pieces at once.  We are pretty happy on how it turned out.  We wasn't able to use tack strip on the back piece as the only tack strip we found here in vancouver was not strong enough for this baby.  We ended up buying " matt tack" from ebay to finish the back which makes it so much more classic.


It was sold because I was complaint that it was too big for my small space.


No comments:

Post a Comment